Curious about the blogger behind seouldream? Let’s go over some basics about me. I’ve been teaching myself Korean since around July 2012, and I began learning Japanese in November 2011 (my Japanese studies are on hiatus but are possibly restarting in fall 2016 with a beginner Japanese course at my uni). I created this website to help others realize that it’s really not that hard to teach yourself a language!
In my free time, I like to write stories, sleep, eat dark chocolate Hershey kisses (I have a stash), and study Korean (but I usually end up watching Running Man and Family Outing episodes). I love books but I like writing them even more; I have been writing stories since I was five years old and I’ve never stopped. One of my dreams is to be a published bilingual writer.
Thank you for taking the time to read this^^ Please comment and say hi! And feel free to ask questions or request my opinion on language learning techniques and resources.
Korean Journey Timeline
- November – began studying Japanese with Pimsleur audio files and LiveMocha (discont. site)
- March – taught myself how to read hangeul
- July – began studying Korean
- November – began a WordPress blog about language study
- January – transferred all posts to new domain, myseouldream.com
- August – began taking Korean courses at university, ceased self-study of Japanese
- August – spent four months as an exchange student at Yonsei University; took intensive Korean language course at KLI
- June – attended Yonsei’s International Summer School; took intensive Korean language course at KLI; began writing poetry and short stories in Korean
- August – stopped self-studying Korean 😦
- December – re-found the motivation for Korean self-study!
- January – began studying Korean again, became a translator for Humans of Seoul
- June – attended Sungkyunkwan University’s two month summer program via a research fellowship
Updated 19 August 2016.